Share This Article
Currently, the construction industry is very developed. Contractors are also a type of business favored by many people. With many contractors being established, the competition among contractors will increase. Therefore, besides construction, many contractors now also have interior design services for customers to choosing. So how is the internal design process of the contractor? Let’s find out with Indianapolis Contractors through the article below.
The contractor’s internal design process for unbuilt works
Usually, the contractor’s internal design process will be divided into two cases: unbuilt works and completed works. Interior design can be made into a separate contract or combined with an apartment architectural design contract depending on the negotiation between the investor and the contractor.
The first is the case where the contractor and investor sign an interior design contract simultaneously as the apartment architectural design contract. That is, the interior design for the project has not yet been built. The contractor and the investor will discuss the idea of the house. Then the contractor conducts the architectural design and interior design of the house from the very beginning.
The contractor’s internal design process, in this case, usually includes the following steps.
After completing the architectural design documents, the contractor will based on the floor plans, discuss with the investor the location of the items if the investor wants to contribute ideas for the interior design. At the same time, the architect will learn the necessary information to make suitable internal perspectives for each member, such as:
– Based on age, interests, needs, and desires of each family member.
-The number of people using those interior spaces.
– Customers use the design for the following purposes: Stay, rent (foreign or domestic customers), sell…
– Find out customers’ preferences about art and interior styles that customers prefer.
– Technical advice and investment estimates for the internal construction process.
When these perspectives are completed, the contractor will send them to the owner for review. If the investor disagrees, the contractor will proceed to adjust the attitude of colors and materials to suit the wishes of the investor.
Deployment of dimensions, materials
When the investor has reviewed and agreed with all interior perspectives, the architect will continue to develop size drawings and material notes to complete the internal design file. After the interior design file is completed, the contractor will usually print it in 3 copies, one for the contractor, one for the investor, and one for the construction process.
Based on the complete interior design dossier, the contractor will make an accurate interior quote according to the design and send it to the investor. If the investor finds any unnecessary item, they may request the contractor not to execute that item. The contractor, based on the request of the investor, will redo the appropriate quotation.
To get a complete interior design dossier, the investor and the contractor must negotiate many times. From there, it is possible to produce the most optimal interior design to the investor’s wishes and convenient for the construction process of the contractor.
The contractor’s interior design process for the completed project
The second case is the contractor’s internal design process for the completed work. This procedure has some differences from the first case in that:
– Finished constructions that want to design interiors or renovate the interior may not have space to arrange furniture. Therefore, before signing an interior design contract, the architect or engineer of the construction contractor must go directly to the construction site to survey the reality.
- Architects must measure and check architectural spaces, properties of areas, locations, and technical lines.
- Architects accurately draw architectural spaces, especially the height, size, and position of walls, beams, and floors of construction works that must redesign.
- Architects draw the exact location, path of the equipment, and the connection line of the technical equipment of the building.
– From the actual survey, the architect will redraw the current ground and the layout of the works and then conduct the interior perspective of each space in the building. After that, the contractor will work with the investor. The remaining process will be relatively similar to the case mentioned above.
The interior design will help the investor visualize the house before construction, make appropriate adjustments, arrange scientific items, and serve the living needs of all family members.
In general, for projects that have not been built or have been completed, investors can find interior design contractors for that work. The investor should determine which unit will be in charge of interior design from the beginning so that the interior design contractor can understand the structure of the work sooner. From there, it is more convenient for design ideas.
The above article has brought information about the contractor’s internal design process. Hopefully, the above information will help you have a better overview of how the contractor’s interior design will happen and make the right choice in interior design for your project.